The StratSense Solution
The StratSense solution suite provides a scalable fiber optic perimeter intrusion detection system. The optical fiber sensor can be mounted on most fence types including walls, palisade, diamond mesh, welded mesh and electrical fencing.
Per-zone customization disturbance filtering is employed to minimize nuisance alarms. Secure optical fiber communication between units and the control room provides tamper resistant monitoring of the system.
- StratSense does not need power supplies and maintenance to the linear part (optical fibre), of the sensing element. This reduces the per Km cost significantly compared to other sensing systems.
- Quick repair of the damaged linear part F/O cable
- No elements in the linear part require regular maintenance or replacement
- Life cycle – 15 years (if deployed and operated according to instructions
- The StratSense system does not require a power supply to the linear part
- The open systems architecture of the systems allows for easy integration with other security systems
- The distributed architecture decentralizes the physical equipment risk.
- In addition, the installation provides an infrastructure platform that allows for the easy addition of other security technologies and redundancies.
- The system is scalable from a single zone unit for small sized installations to hundreds of units connected with secure optical fibre cable for large installations.
- The StratSense system provides advanced event filtering to minimize nuisance alarms. The event filter can be customised per zone to allow for differences in disturbance types and different fence/walled media.
- The StratSense product has a rugged enclosure fitted with industrial grade connectors for long term care-free operation.
- No special climate controlled environments are required, as the units are designed to operate over the industrial temperature range of -40 to 85°C.
- Low cost per km: one system can monitor 40 km (extendable up to 75 km)
- Use existing infrastructure: standard single mode fibre optical (F/O) cable “runs”, F/O cable is the “sensing” element
- High spatial resolution: below 10 metres Immune to electromagnetic influences like lightning, etc.
- Independent of weather conditions
- Can be integrated into existing monitoring systems
Cost-effective monitoring of any long - distance infrastructure or perimeter
High Value Sites
Commercial Farm Perimeters
traffic on railways and highways
the movement of equipment and personnel in the vicinity of airport runways
perimeters and ancillary sites at airports
helps with the assessment of rail/roadway conditions
assesses the condition of rolling stock and locomotives on rail
access to important infrastructure facilities
access to pipelines
in-line inspections, displaying the position of flow-shells (PIGS)
the perimeters of nuclear and hydro/coal power plants
the work along pipelines